Incorporating preoperative weight loss into your surgical plan can:
- Reduce the size of the liver and increase likelihood of candidacy for bariatric surgery
- Improve operability in patients
- Increase postoperative weight loss at one year
- Increase postoperative weight loss for the long-term
- Reduce surgical complications
- Decrease operative time and facilitate the procedure
Robard's PeriOptimization Protocol for Bariatric Surgery is based on the ASMBS established guidelines for medical evaluations and clearances and includes a defined patient education curriculum, as well as nutrition and exercise recommendations.